These days, decorating one’s house is all about whose interior is better, whose interior looks classy, and whose decors look unique. People these days give more importance to the interior than to the outlay of their own house. So, of course, marketers out there would take advantage of this trend and increase the prices of the pretty decorative items. So, to make your house interior simple, yet classy, and well within your budget, why not make your decors yourself?
FLOWER CANDLE HOLDER | Origami Flower | Candle Holder
Handmade paper flowers have always held a special appeal and beauty. And, despite being so pretty, they are often really simple and easy to make.
Origami is an art of patience. Yet, it is one of that art which has been growing crazily popular over the years. And, of course, the variety of things that can be made through origami has been on the rise too. Animals, Birds, Flowers, Leaves, even dresses. Here is a simple flower you can make at home. The one extra advantage? You can use these flowers as a candle holder too!
1. Take a craft paper and cut a square of size 10 cm.
2. Fold the paper in half diagonally and crease. Unfold.
3. Now, fold both the corners such that the two sides align at the center crease line.
4. Unfold and fold the right side as shown in the video and crease the bottom alone. Crease and unfold.
5. Fold the two sides inwards again so they meet at the center and fold the triangle formed at the bottom upwards.
6. Now, fold the bottom left corner towards the crease line as shown in the video.
7. Unfold the paper again.
8. Now, push the bottom crease at the left corner inwards and fold.
9. Now, fold along the upper crease line too as shown. Crease well!
10. Fold the other side.
11. Make five more of these of the same size and colour.
12. Insert each piece one into the other and lock it in place by inserting the flap inside the pockets as shown in the video.
13. Now, gently and carefully fold the flaps in the middle of each flap outwards and slightly bend each petal as shown in the video.
14. Place a lit candle in the middle of the flower.
15. Voila! Your flower candle holder is ready for use!
1. You can use glue to stick the petals in place.
2. You can use any other type of paper like chart paper, cardstock, or even oil paper to make this flower.
3. You can use some sombre patterned or embossed paper for a pretty flower.
4. You may make a multi-coloured flower by making the petals from different coloured papers.
Watch more: http://www.21frames.in/artalltheway
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ventunoart
Subscribe YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVentunoart
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtAllTheWay/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheVentunoArt
A Ventuno Production: https://www.ventunotech.com